The fair as a communication medium
The Book and Press Fair is an excellent way to communicate.
- The online agenda of the Book Fair (collection of information through the Online Catalog)
- Website “News” section (please do not hesitate to send your news related to the Book Fair with a pic to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Web banner/logo of the Book Fair for inclusion on your own website - available on the exhibitors’ service-provider in mid-february
- Videos onsite - contact our service-provider at the online shop
- Guide L’Hebdo of the Book Fair - 105,000 copies distributed within L’Hebdo and at the Fair.
234 journalists from Switzerland and abroad have been visiting the Fair in 2014. Media coverage in 2014 included:
- Over 263 citations in the medias
- Dozens of hours of radio and television were broadcast directly on public and private radio stations and television channels.
The Fair uses media partners
Every year, the Geneva Book and Press Fair mobilizes vast communication resources and profits from major media interest. Our communications plan is made up of the following elements among others:
- 370 radio broadcasts
- 50 advertisements in the written press (Le Temps, 20 Minutes, Le Matin, La Tribune de Genève, GHI, La Côte, Le Messager, Le Dauphiné Libéré, L’Hebdo, TV8, Le Temps, L’Illustré, Echo Magazine, Le Nouvelliste, Eco des Pays de Savoie, Le Matin Dimanche, 24 heures, L’Extension, Afrique Magazine, Jeune Afrique)
- 40 advertisements in magazines
- 1,450 posters in the cantons of Geneva and Vaud
- More than 15 partnerships and various sponsorships with the press and the media (Paris Match, Le Courrier, Nouvelles de Quartier, La liberté, Scènes Magazine, RSR, TSR, Centre régional de la Franche Comté, sortir.ch …)
» Download the 2014’s advertising report (pdf, 13 Mo, FR)
Our priority target groups
Everyone who loves reading of course, but also:
- Teachers (more than 15,000 school students visit the Fair every year, we offer tailor-made guided tours to schools and teachers)
- Professionals (more than 2,500 accredited professional)
- The media (our press team provides all the information required for editing articles and interviews and makes the work of the journalists much easier)